What are series and parallel combination? What is the practical utillity of these combinations?
Asked by bbandab | 18th Mar, 2020, 06:55: PM
Series combination - In series circuit, two terminals of the appliance is connected to terminal of different component of appliance.
Series combination gives high resistance in the circuit.
In series circuit, if one appliance stops working the other appliance will also stop as all the appliances have same switch.
Parallel combination -In parallel combination, both terminals of one appliance is connected to both terminals of other appliance.
In series combination low resistance can be obtained in circuit.
In parallel circuit, if one appliance stops working other will keep working as all the appliance have different switches.
Series combination - lighting circuit
Parallel combination - connection of electrical aapliances at home, schools, offices etc.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 18th Mar, 2020, 11:04: PM
- Odd ones give the reasons for your choice out of copper, iron, pencil and Rubber
- When first electric cell was invented?
- Why electric cells and battery are divided into two parts negative side and positive side
- Compare the behaviour of appliances are connected in parallel circuit and in a series circuit
- Explain the construction of a dry cell with an appropriate diagram
- why are metals good conductors of electricity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number