what are rarer medium and denser medium?

Asked by abhishek roy | 3rd Mar, 2013, 10:27: AM

Expert Answer:

IF we are talking about density, then a denser medium if the one which has a higher mass per unit volume and a rarer medium is the one with lower.
In context of optics, the medium having higher refractive index is called a denser medium and the other one is called rarer.

Answered by  | 3rd Mar, 2013, 08:46: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.