what are elaters and state their functions?
Asked by imtiyazmulla68 | 30th Mar, 2018, 09:43: PM
Elaters are the ribbon or tube like structures attached to the wall of spore. The elaters function is to increase dispersal because they push the spores out of the plant by absorbing moisture.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 30th Mar, 2018, 11:22: PM
- What is alternative of generation
- in kingdom plantae alternation of generation is not associated with a. lenght of diploid and haploid phases b. sporophytic and gametophytic stages c. no. of haplod and diploid phases d. free living or dependent nature of haploid and diploid phases
- Life cycel of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are 1) haplontic, diplontic 2) diplontic, haplodiplontic 3) haplodiplontic, diplontic 4) haplodiplontic, haplontic
- what is traeculae and also tell modification of trabeculae in sellaginella in detail
- Name the plant body which produces gametes by mitosis.
- Name the process by which haploid spores are produced by the sporophyte.
- Give any two examples of plants which exhibit a haplontic life cycle.
- Name the diploid phase in the plant with a haplontic life cycle.
- Name the dominant phase in a plant with a haplontic life cycle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number