What are crystal defects.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Some unit cells may have one or more atoms less whereas others may have one or more atoms more than the ideal unit cell. This imperfection of crystals is called crystal defects.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what metal excess defects? explain with example
- Examine the given defective crystal : X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ X+ Y- O Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- Answer the following questions : (a) Is the above defect stoichiometric or non stoichiometric ? (b) Write the term used for this type of defect. (c) Why do silver halides show this type of defect ?
- what is domain in magnatic properties of solids ?
- Which of the following Frenkel defects or Schottky defects decreases the density of the solid.
- Magnetite is ferrimagnetic on heating what changes are expected.
- Explain dislocation.
- Name two point defects and explain them.
- With example explain F-center.
- Explain the following with suitable examples.(a)12-16 and 13-15 group compounds, (b) Ferromagmetic.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number