What are acids? Give physical properties of acids.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 01:02: PM
Acids are substances that dissolve in water to produce hydronium ions (H3O+).
Physical properties of acids:
a) Acids have a sour taste.
b) They are highly corrosive in nature and cause painful burns on the skin.
c) They change the colour of the indicators.
d) Some acids are solids and some are liquids at room temperature.
e)They are electrolytes ,i.e., they conduct electricity in the aqueous state.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 03:02: PM
- How strong are acid and base solution
- What is acid
- Example of organic and inorganic acid
- Royal water is prepared by mixing 2 acids A and B. a) Identify A and B. b) What is the ratio in which A and B are mixed ?
- Why does dry HCl gas not change the colour of the dry litmus paper?
- which acid is called king of chemicals?
- What is acid daily?
- A gas formed when NaCl is reacted with conc sulphuric acid turns moist blue litmus red. Answer the following questions a. what is the nature of the gas? b. what is the name and formula of the gas? c. what will happen when a dry blue litmus paper is exposed to dry gas?
- Please solve the following question :
- sir, what is carols acid and marshalls acid. please explain brief
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number