well what is the problem solving technique means general guidelines that students needs to follow while solving problems
Asked by sukalp | 13th Jun, 2016, 12:05: PM
1. Read the question carefully and try to understand the situation.
2. List down all the dat which is given the problem and organize the information.
3. Check if all the units are in the same system, i.e. SI or CGS.
4. If required, draw the rough diagram/free body diagram.
5. Figure out which formula has to be used.
6. Substitue the values and solve.
7. Verify your result and check the units used.
Hope this helps you!!!!...
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 15th Jun, 2016, 09:50: AM
- What was the aim of Rutherford's alpha particles scattering experiments? Who performed the experiment? What was the main outcome of the experiments?
- Explain how Rutherford’s exp on scattering of particles led to the estimation of the size of the nucleus.
- What are the drawbacks of Rutherford's atom model?
- As per Rutherford's atom model, what is the total energy of an electron revolving in a circular orbit of radius r?
- What is the main feature of Rutherford's atom model?
- What is the main conclusion of -particles scattering experiments?
- Define distance of closest approach?
- What would change in the gold foil experiment if it was beta not alpha particles ? Would the negatively charged particles be attracted to the positive nucleus?
- In Rutherford's experiment, a thin gold foil was bombarded with alpha particles. According to Thomson's "plum-pudding" model of the atom, what should have happened?
- How is the impact parameter b defined in scattering?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number