>We know that, any charged body like glass rod rubbed with silk cloth,acquires charge and gets neutralised after sometime by exchanging charges with its surrounding atmosphere.
>Will the same thing(neutralisation of body) happens in vaccum or will the body remains charged forever?
Asked by Dhruva | 19th Oct, 2015, 08:52: PM
When a glass rod rubbed with silk , rod acquires a positive charge and the silk acquires a negative charge. So the charges are lost when the two oppositely charged brought in contact with each other. Which means charges are equal and opposite and this is why they neutralised or nullify each other's effect. This same thing happens in vacuume because charges get shared between glass rod and silk. Hence, they neutralised.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 21st Oct, 2015, 11:47: AM
- what is negative charge
- if we rubbed comb in hair and then we brought near paper then we see they get attract each other ,so in that case comb is negative or positive charge ?
- charge of electron is negative but in solving numericals why we take charge of the electron POSITIVE?????
- Pick the true statements about electric field lines It provides information about the direction of the electric field Electric field lines provide information about the type of charge Electric field lines provide information about the field strength All of the above
- when some charge given to a material spreads on the entire surface, it is a conductor. how? explain
- a charged sheet having surface charge density 15 ^-4 cm^-2 is given. find charge on sheet if it's surface area is 1000 cm^ 2
- state and explain coulombs law
- what is electrostatic
- what is electric field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number