Asked by | 3rd Mar, 2008, 03:05: PM
what are coherent and incoherent ?
what is Doppler effect ?
Coherent sources produce light at same frequency at zero phase difference or at a constant phase difference.
Incoherent sources produce light at frequency which could be at varying phase differnces.
Doppler effect is the phenomena where the observor receives the frequency whihc is different from the source frequnecy due to relative motion between the source and observer.
Answered by | 8th Dec, 2017, 01:45: PM
- when ray of light passes from one medium to another medium
- Define Huygens Principle
- An object is placed at 10 cm distance infront of a concave mirror of radius of curvature of 20 cm. Find the position,nature and magnification of the image.
- define wave front.state
- use wave theory to verify the laws of reflection and law of reflection
- state and explain huygens principle explain how a reflected wavefront is constructed when light travels from denser medium to rarer medium
- (a) In young’s double slit experiment, deduce the conditions for obtaining constructive and destructive interference fringes. Hence, deduce the expression for the fringe width. (b) Show that the fringe pattern on the screen is actually a superposition of slit diffraction from each slit. (c) What should be the width of each slit to obtain 10 maxima of the double slit pattern within the central maximum of the single slit pattern, for green light of wavelength 500 nm, if the separation between two slits is 1 mm?
- <div>obtain "laws of refraction "by using hygens principle</div>
- <div>what is the shape of the wavefront on earth for sunlight</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number