wat r thebadvantages & disadvantages of nuclear energy?
Asked by | 10th Sep, 2011, 08:52: PM
Advantages of Nuclear Energy :
1) Nuclear reactions release a million times more energy, as compared to hydro or wind energy. Hence, a large amount of electricity can be generated.
2) The biggest advantage of nuclear energy is that it does not generate any greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide , ozone , methane etc.)
3) Nuclear reactor uses uranium as fuel and we have high reserves of uranium in earth.
Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy :
1) The waste produced after fission reactions contains unstable elements and is highly radioactive. It is very dangerous to the environment as well as human health, and remains so, for thousands of years.
2) Though large amount of energy can be produced from a nuclear power plant, it requires large capital cost.
Answered by | 11th Sep, 2011, 05:25: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number