uses of sodium hydroxide
Asked by mokshjainanand | 8th Oct, 2017, 04:31: PM
Uses of sodium hydroxide:
•Used in de-greasing metals
•Used in the preparation of soaps and detergents
•Used in paper making and artificial fibres
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 8th Oct, 2017, 07:27: PM
- what happens to acids and bases in water solutions
- In the following questions (13-16), a statement of assertion followed by a statement of reason is given. Choose the correct answer out of the following choices. a) Assertion and reason both are correct statements and reason is correct explanation for assertion. b) Assertion and reason both are correct statements but reason is not correct explanation for assertion. c) Assertion is correct statement but reason is wrong statement. d) Assertion is wrong statement but reason is correct statement. a. Assertion: When zinc granules are added to dilute hydrochloric acid effervescence occurs. Reason: Formation of CO2 gas is the cause of effervescence.
- what are acid and base according to Arrhenius definition
- 10 ml of 0.01 M HCL is mixed with 40 ml of 0.01 M HCL. The pH of resulting solution is
- Among the following given substances, which ones when added to sulphuric acid solution can increase its pH to 7? A- Antacid B- Water C- Baking soda D- Glass cleaner
- Solve it
- How to understand the water is realising h+ions or oh ions when base or acid is added to water By seeing the water with naked eyes
- what is the solvay process?
- Do indicators have formula?Otherwise if a indicator(dye) is added to a compound(acid,base,salt solutions),will the formula of compound change?
- Which acid is strongest
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number