uses of concave and convex mirrors
Asked by dipanshu | 12th Mar, 2012, 12:43: PM
1. A concave mirror is used as a reflector in torches, search light, head light of motor vehicles etc. to get powerful parallel beams of light.
2. It is used as doctor's head mirror to focus light on body parts like eyes, ears, nose, throat etc., to be examined.
3. It is used as a shaving mirror/ make up mirror, as it can form erect and magnified image of face.
4. Dentists use them to observe large images of the teeth of patients.
1. A convex mirror is used as a reflector in street lamps. As a result, light from the lamp diverges over a large area.
2. It is used by drivers of automobiles as a rear view mirror. These mirrors are fitted on the sides of the vehicle enabling the driver to see traffic behind for safe driving.
Answered by | 12th Mar, 2012, 01:24: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number