Use divisibility test to determine whether the number 1258 is divisible by 6.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Given number is 1258.
Its units digit is 8, which is divisible by 2. So, 1258 is divisible by 2.
Sum of its digits = 1 + 2 + 5 + 8 = 16, which is not divisible by 3. So, 1258 is not divisible by 3.
Since, 1258 is divisible by 2 but not by 3, it is not divisible by 6.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- please show the the divisibility of 2 rules
- divisible by 3
- what is meaning of divisible 2
- i want divisiblity of 11 rules with examples
- a number divisible by 7 and 3 but not by 21
- find the largest prime number required to test as a divisor to determine if the following number is a prime number. Also determine if the number is a prime number
- what is the divisibility method for 7
- i didn't understand divisibility rules can you please explain me
- cant understand concept of divisibility rule
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number