Asked by pritam | 20th Feb, 2011, 05:21: PM

Expert Answer:

The energy needed to remove an electron from an isolated atom in gaseous state is called Ionization energy
The energy released when an isolated atom in gaseous state  gains an electron is called Electron enthalpy or electron affinty energy

Answered by  | 20th Feb, 2011, 09:15: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.