- Under what condition does a current carrying conductor kept in a magnetic field experience maximum force?
- On what other factors does the magnitude of this force depend?
- Name and state the rule used for determination of direction of this force.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 10:23: AM
- When the conductor is held perpendicular to the magnetic field, it experiences maximum force.
- Magnitude of this force depends on strength of magnetic field, orientation of the conductor, length of the conductor.
- Fleming's left hand rule - If we stretch the thumb, the first finger and the central finger of the left hand so that they are mutually perpendicular to each other and if the first finger points in the direction of the magnetic field, the central finger points in the direction of current, then the thumb points in the direction of motion of the conductor.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 12:23: PM
- List two factors on which the strength of the magnetic field lines produced by a solenoid depends.
- How can the direction of force on a current carrying conductor placed in magnetic field be reversed?
- What is the function of commutator ring in a motor?
- According to the Fleming's left hand rule what does the first three fingers of the left hand positioned perpendicular to each other represents?
- On what principle does electric motor works?
- A beam of electrons is passing a magnetic field at right angles as shown in figure. What would be the direction of force and which rule would you apply to find direction of force?
- If a magnet is brought near a current carrying conductor free at one end, would the wire move?
- When is the force on a current carrying wire maximum or minimum?
- What is an electric motor?
- Why does a current carrying conductor experiences a force when it is placed in a magnetic field? State Fleming's left hand rule.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number