two strings A and string B playing the note 'Ga' are slightly out of tune and produce beats of frequency 6Hz. The tension in the string A is slightly reduced and the beat frequency is found to reduce to 3Hz. if the original frequency of A is 324 Hz what is the frequency of B?
Asked by sammy123 | 21st Mar, 2015, 04:26: PM
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 22nd Mar, 2015, 04:47: PM
- The diameter of an iron wire is 1.20mm. If the speed of the transverse wave in the wire be 50.0m/s , what is the tension in the wire ? The density of iron os 7.7 × 10 raise to 3 k/ m cube
- 2nd sum
- 9th sum
- 19th sum plz
- Answer 23rd ques plz
- What is propagation constant (k)?
- Define longitudinal wave motion. What are the essential conditions required for the formation of longitudinal wave motion?
- Define transverse wave motion. What are the essential conditions required for the formation of transverse wave motion?
- A narrow sound pulse (for example, a short pip by a whistle) is sent across a medium. (i) Does the pulse have a definite (a) wavelength, (b) frequency, (c) speed of propagation? (ii) If the pulse rate is 1 after every 20s (i.e the whistle is blown for a split second after every 20s), is the frequency of the note produced by the whistle equal to 1/20 = 0.05 Hz?
- Given below are some examples of wave-motion. State in each case if the wave-motion is transverse, longitudinal or a combination of both : (i) Motion of a kink in a long coil spring produced by displacing the end of the spring sideways. (ii) Waves produced in a cylinder containing a liquid by moving its piston back and forth. (iii) Waves produced by a motor boat sailing in water. (iv) Light waves travelling from the sun to the earth. (v) Ultrasonic waves in air produced by a vibrating quartz crystal.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number