Two parallel plate capacitors X and Y have the same area of plates and same separation between them .Xhas air between the plates while Y contains dielectric medium of k=4.Both the capacitors are connected in seriesand having attential difference 17V.
1.Calculate capacitance of each capacitor if the equivalent capacitance of the combination is 4F.
2.Calculate the pottention difference between the plates X and Y.
3.What is the ratio of electrostatic energy stored in X and Y.
Asked by vasturushi | 6th Jul, 2017, 07:15: PM
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 7th Jul, 2017, 12:58: PM
- Please find the pd
- The soulution in the HC Verma is different from what I have found using capacitors in series and parallel. why is there incosistency?
- Sir For how much marks it can be asked
- What is the importance of joining capacitors in series and parallel?
- Write any two characteristics of series combination of capacitors.
- What is the use of Van de Graff generator?
- Why neutrons can not be accelerated using a Van de Graff generator?
- There are two capacitors of capacitance C1 and C2 connected in series. Calculate the equivalent capacitance of the system.
- Find the equivalent capacitance of capacitors C1 and C2 connected in parallel.
- Find the total charge and the charge stored between the plates of each capacitor.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number