two long parallel wires are hanging freely. If they are connected to a battery- i) in parallel ii) in series. What would be the effect on their positions..???
Asked by Saunak Mukherjee | 14th May, 2014, 12:56: PM
When two wires are connected in parallel, the current in both of them is in the same direction.
Now, when current in two parallel wires is in the same direction, then the wires attract each other. Hence, the two wires will come near to each other.
When two wires are connected in series, the current in both of them is in the opposite direction.
Now, when current in two parallel wires is in the opposite direction, then the wires repel each other. Hence, the two wires will go away from each other.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 14th May, 2014, 06:38: PM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number