Two equally rough inclined planes of equal height whose inclinations to the horizon are 1 and2, are placed back to back. Two masses m1 and m2 are placed on their inclined faces and are connected by light inextensible string passing over a smooth pulley at the common vertex of the two planes. If m1 decends, calculate the common acceleration of the masses.
Asked by subhajit.690 | 19th Aug, 2016, 11:39: PM
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 22nd Aug, 2016, 12:20: PM
- Q8:If the normal force is doubled,then coefficient of friction is
- it is easy to pull lawnmover than to push it
- 5th sum.plz
- 3rd sum plz
- What is friction? Explain how it takes place.
- State the types of friction.
- Explain briefly: (a) Static Friction (b) Kinetic friction
- State the methods to reduce friction.
- Ice skating is based on the phenomena of reduced friction. Explain briefly.
- Determine the acceleration of the car in which a box lying on its floor will remain stationary, given that the co-efficient of static friction between the box and the train's floor is 0.25.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number