Two circular pieces of equal radii and maximum area, touching each other are cut
out from a rectangular card board of dimensions 14 cm 7 cm. Find the area of the
remaining card board. Use pie=22/7
Asked by shailesh.solanki | 18th Mar, 2018, 07:29: PM
Answered by Sneha shidid | 19th Mar, 2018, 10:44: AM
- How to prove that opposite sides of a quadrilateral circumscribing a circle subtend supplementary angles at the centre of the circle
- Find area of shaded region
- In the figure, a square OABC is inscribed in a quadrant OPBQ. If OA = 20 cm, find the area of the shaded region.
- The inside perimeter of a running track shown in the figure is 400 m. The length of each of the straight portions is 90 m, and the ends are semi-circles. If the track is 14 m wide every where, find the area of the track. Also, find the length of the outer boundary of the track.
- Four equal circles are described about four corners of a square so that each touches two of the others, as shown in the figure. Find the area of the shaded region, if each side of the square measures 14 cm.
- In triangle ABC, angle A = 90o, AB = 12 cm and BC = 20 cm. Three semi-circles are drawn with AB, AC and BC as diameters. Find the area of the shaded portion.
- In the figure, ABC is an equilateral triangle of side 12 cm. The circle is centered at A with radius 6 cm. Find the area of the shaded region.
- Find the area of the region ABCDEFA shown in the figure, given that ABDE is a square of side 10 cm, BCD is a semi- circle with BD as diameter, EF = 8 cm, AF = 6 cm and angle AFE = 90o.
- In the given figure , triangle ABC is right angled at A, with AB = 6 cm and AC = 8 cm. A circle with centre O has been inscribed inside the triangle. Find the value of r, the radius of the inscribed circle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number