two bodies of masses m,2m and charges q and 2q ,q is hanged with two strings of equal length 'l' as shown. which one of the following is correct.
Asked by pushpakumari291279 | 25th May, 2021, 07:26: AM
Figure shows the forces acting on masses m and 2m .
Tension forces T1 and T2 are resolved in horizontal and vertical directions as shown in figure.
Equal repulsive electrostatic forces FE are acting on the masses.
At equilibrium , T1 sinθ1 = FE = K × ( 2q2 / r2 ) ................(1)
T1 cosθ1 = mg ........................(2)
By dividing eqn.(1) by eqn.(2) , we get , tanθ1 = [ K × ( 2q2 / r2 ) ] / ( mg ) .......................(3)
Similarly for mass 2m , we get , tanθ2 = [ K × ( 2q2 / r2 ) ] / ( 2mg ) .......................(4)
From eqn.(3) and eqn.(4) , we get , tanθ1 = 2 tanθ2
Hence θ1 > θ2
More massive body will give less deflection
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 25th May, 2021, 08:53: AM
- Two similar spheres having +Q and -Q charges at a kept distance . F force act on between two.if at the middle of the two sphere another similar sphere having +Q is kept then it experience a force in magnitude and direction as
- what is dielectric current
- There is one charged tiny spherical oil drop and the magnitude of electric field intensity at a point on its surface is E. If n such drops are combined to make a single drop then what will be the net electric field intensity at a point on the surface of the bigger spherical drop. Assume that charge is uniformly distributed over the volume of oil drop.
- the force between two charges at distance r is f what will be the force between these charges if the distance between them is doubled and charges are placed in a medium of dielectric constant 10 ?
- A point charge qa = + 100 c is placed at point a (1, 0, 2) m and another point charge qb = +200c isplaced at point b (4, 4, 2) m. Find :(i) magnitude of electrostatic interaction force acting between them(ii) find a f(force on a due to
- Two identical metal spheres have charges +15μC and +25μC areseparated by a distance. If the spheres are first brought into contact and then separated to the original distance, then the ratio of the new force to the previous force is
- Two equal small spheres each weighing 1g , hang by two equal silk threads from the same point. The spheres are charged when in contact and come to rest with their centres 2cm apart and 20cm vertically below the point of support. Find the charge on each sphere.
- staate columbs law in vectoe form and explain it
- What is coulombs law
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number