There are only 18 elements in the fifth period of the periodic table. Justify this statement.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Jun, 2016, 12:47: PM
The fifth period begins with the filling of 5f orbital and continues till the filling of sixth energy (6s) starts. The sub shells that follow up the filling pattern are 4d, 5p, 6s…
Answered by | 27th Jun, 2016, 02:47: PM
- what is mother Meyer's curvr
- what are the values of principal quantam number（n）and azzimuthal quantam number (l) for 3s and 4p orbitals?
- What is the IUPAC name given to the elements present beyond fermium?
- Write the name of the element whose atomic number is 104 and it was assigned the symbol Unq by IUPAC?
- The electronic configuration of an element is (n-1) d1 ns2 here n = 4. Find the position of the element in the periodic table?
- An element A has atomic number (Z = 14) where would you locate it in the periodic table in terms of periods and group?
- Find out the IUPAC name and symbol of an element .Given that the atomic number of the element (Z = 108)?
- How can you predict the group, period and block of an element explain?
- Write the general outer electronic configuration of s, p, d and f block elements. Also assign the position of elements having outer electronic configuration as i) ns2 np4 for n=3 ii) (n-2) f7 (n-1) d1 ns2 for n=6, in the periodic table.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number