There are a group of 50 people who are patriotic,out of which 20 believe in non-violence.2 persons are selected in random. Write the probability distribution for the selected persons who are non-violent.
MY DOUBT: Can this question be done using binomial distribution where n=2,p=2/5 and q=3/5 ?
Asked by Benjamin | 17th Jan, 2017, 01:21: PM
Answered by Rashmi Khot | 17th Jan, 2017, 04:07: PM
- Find the probability of success p for a binomial distribution, if n = 6 and 4 × P(X=4) = P(X=2)
- 17th sum plz
- Define Bernoulli trials.
- If a fair coin is tossed 6 times, find the probability of getting exactly 4 heads.
- A pair of dice is thrown 5 times. If getting a doublet is considered a success, find the probability of two successes.
- The mean and variance of a random variable X having binomial distribution are 4 and 2 respectively, then find P (X = 1).
- A man make attempts to hit the target. The probability of hitting the target is . Find the probability that A hit the target exactly 2 times in 5 attempts.
- In binomial probability distribution, mean is 3 and standard deviation is . Find the binomial distribution
- In a hurdle race, a player has to cross 12 hurdles. The probability that he will clear each hurdle is 2/3. What is the probability that he will knock down fewer than 2 hurdles
- Ten bulbs are drawn successively with replacement from a bag containing 10% defective bulbs. Find the probability that there are at least eight defective bulbs
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number