There are 20 divisions in 4 cm of main scale. The vernier scale has 10 divisions. The least count of the instrument is?
Asked by chelshishah10 | 17th Aug, 2020, 09:55: AM
There are 20 divisions in 4 cm of main scale
1 cm of main scale will have 20/4 = 5 divisions
1MSD = 1/5 = 0.2 cm
Vernier scale has 10 divisions
Least count = 1 Main scale division/No. of vernier scale divisions
L.C. = 0.2/10 = 0.02 cm
The least count of the instrument is 0.02 cm
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Aug, 2020, 11:02: PM
- The percentage errors in the measurement of mass and speed are 2% and 3% respectively. How much will be the maximum error in the estimate of kinetic energy obtained by measuring mass and speed?
- give classification of unit with example
- the error in the measurement of the side of a rectangle is 1% the error in the measurement of its area is
- star A is farther than star B. which star will have a large parallax angle
- How can we estimate the error in the combination of quanties
- find the percentage error in kinetic energy of a body having mass 60.0 plus minus 0.3 gram moving with a velocity 25.0 plus minus 0.1 CM
- how to mesurement leghnth
- Hello mam. can you explain propagation of errors with an example?
- The length , breadth, and thickness of a block are measured as 125.5 cm, 5.0 cm, and 0.32 cm, respectively. Which one of the measurement is most accurate? Explain briefly.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number