The water stored in dam can be used to generate electricity.give reason
Asked by shubhadanaik91 | 14th Nov, 2019, 09:02: PM
The water stored in dams contains huge amount of potential energy stored in it. When we open the gates of the dam and let the water flow this potential energy converted into the kinetic energy. This kinetic energy is used to rotate the shaft of the genrators installed in the hydroelectric power plants and it produces electrical energy.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 14th Nov, 2019, 09:07: PM
- An elevator is designed to lift a load of 1000 kg with uniform velocity of 2m/s . Power of the elevator will be?
- if we increase kinetic energy by 20%, then find percentage increase in linear momentum
- a bus of mass 10000kg with a velocity of 90 km/h. calculate work done to stop the bus
- define kinetic energy
- what is kinetic energy
- Hi, my name is Aprameya i had a doubt we know K.E.(Kinetic Energy) = (1/2)mv^2 the v over here is velocity but at what time. Velocity will be different at differnt points of time i mean at 1second it might be something and and at another second it might be something else. so while calculating which velocity do we use
- what is energy
- A ball of mass 0.25kg is thrown upwards with a velocity of 10m/s at what height it's kinetic energy become 10J
- What is work ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number