The vertices of the triangle are A(5,4,6), B(1,-1,3) and C(4,3,2). The internal bisector of angle A meet BC at D. Find the co-ordinates of D and the length AD.
Asked by shaktidevgun | 12th Dec, 2015, 06:52: PM
Answered by Vimala Ramamurthy | 13th Dec, 2015, 11:04: PM
- The midpoints of the sides of a triangle are (1,5,-1), (0,4,-2) and (2,3,4) find its vertices. A student takes honesty, truthfulness and complacency as the three sides of the triangle. Which side of the triangle should we prefer to take?
- Find the co-ordinates of the point which divide the line segment joining the points (-2,3,5) and (1,-,4,6) in the ratio 2 : 3 internally.
- Find the co-ordinates of the point which divide the line segment joining the point (1,-2,3) and (3,4,-5) in the ratio 2 : 3 externally.
- Find the ratio in which the YZ plane divides the line segment formed by joining the points (-2,4,7) and (3,-5,8).
- Find the ratio in which the line segment joining the points (4,8,10) and (6,10,-8) is divided by the XZ plane.
- Show that the point P(3,2,-4), Q(5,4,-6) and R(9,8,-10) are collinear using the section formula. Also find the ratio in which Q divides PR.
- Find the co-ordinates of the points which trisect the line segment joining the points P(4,2,-6) and Q(10,-16,6)
- A point R with x-coordinate 4 lies on the line segment joining the points P(2,-3,4) and Q(8,0,10). Find the co-ordinates of the point R.
- If the origin is the centroid of the triangle PQR with vertices P(2a,2,6) Q(-4,3b,-10) and R(8,14,2c), then find the values of a,b,c
- The centroid of a triangle ABC is at the point (1,1,1). If the coordinates of A and B are (4,-6,4) and (-2,8,-7)respectively, find the coordinates of the point C.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number