The type of hybridisation of boron in diborane is : (a) sp (b) sp2 (c) sp3 (d) sp3d2
Asked by yeeshuraj3 | 8th Sep, 2016, 03:13: PM
Correct option: (c) sp3
Diborane, B2H6 has two electrons each, three centred bonds.
Each Boron atom (B) is linked with four hydrogen atoms. This makes tetrahedral geometry. Hence, each Boron atom is sp3 hybradised.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 8th Sep, 2016, 06:52: PM
- What is Lassaigne's test?
- How will you test for phosphorus in an organic compound?
- What is lead-sulphide test for sulphur?
- When nitrogen and sulphur are both present in an organic compound, what is the test to perform?
- What is the Prussian blue color due to in the test for nitrogen?
- What are the methods to estimate nitrogen?
- How to detect halogen in an organic compound?
- How to detect percentage of oxygen in an organic compound?
- How to estimate sulphur in an organic compound?
- What is the violet color due to, when sodium fusion extract is treated with sodium nitroprusside in the test for sulphur?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number