The two plates of a parellel plate capicitor are 4 mm apart .A slab of dielectric slab constant 3 and thickness 3mm is introduced between its plates parellel to them and the distance between the plates is so adjusted that the the capicitance of the capcitor becomes 2/3rd of its orginal value .What is the new distance between plates ?
Asked by Nazar Pb | 15th May, 2014, 11:46: PM
Therefore the new spacing between capacitor plates is 3mm + 0.5mm = 3.5mm
Answered by Ravindra Kapal | 16th May, 2014, 01:29: PM
- Consider a 342 μF capacitor charged to 1250 V in a defibrillator. When charged to 1250 V, how much energy is stored in the capacitor? 9.60×102 J (in J)
- Capacitance of A parralel plate capaciter
- Please solve Q no 69 Given ans option 3
- As the dielectric constant for metals is infinity and if we use it as a dielectric between capacitor then it's capacitance will increase infinity time then also we don't use it as a dielectric Why?
- Energy stored in capacitor and energy dissipated during charging a capacitor bear a ratio?
- Can we induce charges in insulator and conductor both ? What is the difference in the mechanism of polarisation and induction of charges ? (Other than polarisation we use when dielectric is used=
- Derive an Expression for capacity of a parallel plane capacitor with dielectric medium?
- Prove that the displacement current inside a capacitor is equal to the current charging it.
- Calculate the capacitors
- Bio Savarts Law
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number