The time taken by a person to cover 150km was 2.5 hours more than the time taken in return journey .If he returned at a speed of 10km/hrs more than the speed of going,what was the speed per hour in each direction
Asked by Lakhan123499 | 19th May, 2018, 01:23: PM
Speed = Diatance/ Time
150/x = 150/(x + 10) + 2.5
Solving this we get x = 20
Spped in forward direction is 20 Km/hr
speed while returning is 20 + 10 = 30 Km/hr
Answered by Sneha shidid | 21st May, 2018, 10:19: AM
- A two digit positive number is such that the product of its digit is 6. If 9 is added to the number, the digits interchange their places. Find the number.
- the speed of express of train is xkm/hr and the speed of ordinary train is 12 km\hr less than that of the express train.if the odrinary train takes one hour longer than the express train to cover a distance of 240km find the speed of express train
- In a two digit number,the unit's digit exceed its ten's digit by 2 .The product of the given number and the sum of the digit is equal to 144 .Find the number
- X articles are bought at ₹(x-8) each and (x-2) some other articles are bought at ₹(x-3)each .If the total cost of all these articles is ₹76,how many articles of first kind were bought?
- x aticles are brought at ruppes (x-8)each and(x-2)some other articles are brought at ruppes(x-3)each.if the totalcost of all these articles is ruppes 76,how many articles of first kind were bought?
- Sir / Mam can you please solve this quadratic equation on pythogoras theorem :- cyclist A moves at a speed of of x km/h from a place in the eastern direction . cyclist B moves (x+3)km/h from the same place towards the northern direction . if after 2 hours the distance between them is 30 km find the value of x.
- Sir / mam can you please solve this problem on quadratic equations i need the answer urgently and with detailed steps . If the perimeter of a right angled triangle is 40 cm and its hypotenuse is 2 cm longer than one side, find the lengths of the sides of the triangle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number