The shape of [Cu(NH3)4]2+ is square planar , hybridisation ofCu2+ in this complex is ??
Give the full explanation !!
Asked by ADITYASEN704 | 11th Jun, 2016, 09:30: PM
Shape of the complex is square planar which arises due to dsp2 hybridisation. Hybridisation of one 4s, two 4p and one 4d orbitals takes place (dsp2) to give square planar shape.
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 12th Jun, 2016, 01:46: AM
- how is coordination bond formed
- how is a coordinate bond formed
- The magnetic moment (in B.M.) of complex [Co(H2O)6]3+ is??
- Solve this
- Pl ans
- Explain classification of ligands on the basis of charge and dentisity. Explain the ambidentate ligands following terms with example. Bidentate ligand Tridentate ligands Tetradentate ligands Pentadentate ligands Hexadentate ligands
- It means first we need to check what type of ligand it is then only we can state that what's its coordination number can be
- How to calculate primary valence
- Given the molecular formula of the hexa-coordinated complexes (i) CoCl3.6NH3, (ii) CoCl3.5NH3, (iii) CoCl3.4NH3. If the number of co-ordinated NH3 molecules in i, ii and iii respectively are 6, 5, 4, the primary valencies in (i), (ii) and (iii) are ?
- What is the difference between coordination entity and coordination sphere ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number