The shape of a garden is rectangular in the middle and semi circular at the end.Find the area and perimeter of this garden
Asked by babusirvi | 19th Feb, 2019, 09:22: PM
Radius of semicircular ends = d/2 = 7/2 = 3.5 m
Length of rectangle = 20 - (3.5 + 3.5) = 13 m
Breadth of rectangle = 7 m
Area of garden = area of rectangle + area of two semicircles
= lb + 2 × ∏r2/2
= 13 × 7 + 22/7 × 3.52
= 129.5 m2
Answered by Sneha shidid | 20th Feb, 2019, 09:39: AM
- Qns. 1
- Length of the fence of a trapezium shaped field ABCD is 120m. If BC=48m,CD=17m andAD=40m find the area of this field. Side AB is perpendicular to the parallel sides
- A floral design on the floor of a building consists of 2800 tiles. Each tile is in the shape of a parallelogram of altitude 10cm and base 14cm. Find the area of the floor covered by the floral design.
- the area of a rectangular field is 3a squared+5ab+2b squared.one of its sides is (a+b).find the lenght of the fence around the field. the area of one face of a cubicle water tank is 14400 sq.cm .if the tank is full,how many 3 litre bottles of water can be filled from this?
- A lawn is 80 m long and 30 m wide. Through the centre of the lawn, two paths, each 2 m wide, intersect each other at right angle. Find the area of the remaining portion of the lawn.
- In exchange for a square plot of land one of whose sides is 84m, a man wants to buy a rectangular plot 144m long and of the same area as square plot. Determine the width of rectangular plot.
- Find the area of following trapezium.
- Find the area of the following quadrilateral ABCD, where the length of diagonal AC = 8 cm and the length of perpendiculars DP and BQ are 4.5 cm and 3.5 cm respectively.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number