The sales tax rate is 8%. If Rahul bought a new car and paid a sales tax of Rs 1,920, what was the cost of the car before the tax?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th May, 2014, 01:13: PM
Let us say the car costs Rs y.
That would mean that y multiplied by 8% is Rs 1920.
y(8%) = 1920
8% could also be expressed as 0.08
Thus, y(0.08) = 1920
y =Rs 24000
The car costs Rs 24000 without tax.
Answered by | 27th May, 2014, 03:13: PM
- Full form of VAT
- A coat is marked at Rs. 4000, a discount of 25% is offered on the coat. After adding the sales tax the final cost of the coat comes to Rs. 3240. Find the rate of sales tax.
- The cost of a TV set at a showroom was Rs 36500. The sales tax charged was 8%. Find the bill amount.
- Raman bought an air cooler for Rs 5400 including VAT at 8%. Find the original price of the air cooler.
- A color TV is available for Rs 26880 inclusive of VAT. If the original cost of the TV is Rs 24000, find the rate of VAT.
- Kavitha goes to purchase a bike which is priced at Rs.35,640 including 10% sales tax. However the actual rate of sales tax at the time of purchase is 7%. Find the extra profit made by the shopkeeper if he still charges the original listed price.
- Before adding VAT at 21%, an item's cost is Rs 200. Calculate the total cost after VAT is added.
- Suppose Anil bought something that was priced at Rs 6.95, and the total bill was Rs 7.61. What is the sales tax rate in this city?
- There is a sales tax of Rs 20 on an item that costs Rs 226 before tax. A second item costs Rs 90.40 before tax. What is the sales tax on the second item?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number