The regular selling price of a jacket is Rs 750. The shop offers a discount of 30%.
a) Find the discount.
b) Find the sale price.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd May, 2014, 02:46: PM
Given: MP = Rs 750
And, discount = 30%
a) Discount in Rs
Multiply each side by 75.
So, the discount is Rs 225.
The original selling price minus the discount is the sale price.
b)To find the sale price, subtract the discount from the original selling price/marked price.
750- 225 = 525
So, the sale price of the jacket is Rs525.
Answered by | 22nd May, 2014, 04:46: PM
- juhi sells a washing machine for ₹13, 500 . she loses 20% . what was the price at which she bought it?
- An article was sold at a profit of 15.If cost price was 10% loss and an article was sold for 1280 more the profit would have been 30%. find the cost price?
- formulas for loss and profit
- A merchant on selling rice earns a pro of 10 per bag of basmati rice sold and a loss of 5 per bag of non basmati rice 1. He sells 3000 bags of basmati rice and 5000 bags of non basmati rice in a month. What is
- Sunandabai bought milk for Rs 475. She converted it into yoghurt and it for Rs 700. How much profit did she make ?
- Coffee costing Rs.250 pr KG mixed with Chikori of Rs.75 Per Kg in the ratio of 5:2 for a certain blend. If the mixture was sold at Rs.230 per KG fing the gain % or Loss%. Thank you.
- A bicycle was sold at 12% profit.Had it been sold for ₹16 more ,the profit would have been 20%.Find the selling price of the bicycle.
- An article was sold for Rs.250 with a profit of 5 percent. What is its cost price.
- 2 cycles were bought at the same cost .one was sold at profit 15% and another was sold at a loss of 10%. if the difference in selling price is 200rs. find the cost of cycles?
- Virat and samrat together invested 50000 and 120000 rupees to start a business. They suffered a loss of 20%. How much loss did each of them incur?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number