The plates of a parallel plate capacitor are charged upto 100V.A 2mm thick plate is inserted between the plates then to maintain the same potential difference,the distance between the plates is increased by 1.6mm.Then what is the dielectric constant of the plate??
Asked by Malavika Umesh | 16th May, 2015, 10:01: AM
Given that the parallel plate capacitors are charged to 100 V
Thickness of the plate, t = 2 mm
The dielectric constant of the plate ,K =5
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 18th May, 2015, 10:47: AM
- Capacitance of A parralel plate capaciter
- Please solve Q no 69 Given ans option 3
- As the dielectric constant for metals is infinity and if we use it as a dielectric between capacitor then it's capacitance will increase infinity time then also we don't use it as a dielectric Why?
- Energy stored in capacitor and energy dissipated during charging a capacitor bear a ratio?
- Can we induce charges in insulator and conductor both ? What is the difference in the mechanism of polarisation and induction of charges ? (Other than polarisation we use when dielectric is used=
- Derive an Expression for capacity of a parallel plane capacitor with dielectric medium?
- Prove that the displacement current inside a capacitor is equal to the current charging it.
- Calculate the capacitors
- Bio Savarts Law
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number