The perimeter of an equilateral triangle is 18 cm. What is the length of a side?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Mar, 2014, 04:06: PM
Equilateral triangles are those which have all the sides of equal measure. It means 3 equal sides. Let s be the side of the triangle. Here, perimeter = 18 cm
So, Perimeter = 3 x s
18 = 3s
3s = 18
s = = 6
Hence, the length of each side of the triangle is 6 cm.
Answered by | 4th Mar, 2014, 06:06: PM
- 50cmsquare in mm squeare
- a wire is in the shape of a rectangle its length is 40 cm and breadth is 22 CM if the same wire is bent in the shape of a s sqs sq square square what will be the measure of each side also find which shape encloses more area
- The area of a square is 225 sq.cm . Find the perimeter
- length=12cm breadth=9cm what is the perimeter
- Find the dimensions of a square shaped garden whose perimeter is 240 m.
- The perimeter of a rectangle is 135 cm. If the breadth is given as 17 cm, find the length of the rectangle.
- The perimeter of a square is same as that of the rectangle. Find the side of the square if the dimensions of the rectangle are 10 m x 8 m.
- The length of a side of a hexagon is 2 inches. What is the perimeter?
- When the perimeter of a regular polygon is divided by 5, the length of a side is 25 m. What is the name of the polygon? What is the perimeter?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number