The oxygen molecule as a mass of 5.3×10^ - 26 kg and a moment of inertia of 1.94 into 10 to the power of minsis 46 kg metre square bout an Axis through its Centre perpendicular to the lines joining the two atoms. suppose the mean speed of such molecule in a gas 500 m per second and its kinetic energy of rotation is 2/3 of its kinetic energy of translation. find the average angular velocity of the molecule?
Asked by hemanttkumarr | 4th Oct, 2017, 06:27: AM
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 8th Dec, 2017, 05:16: PM
- solve this question
- On a toy comprising of a disc of radius 4 m, a bird is sitting on the periphery (the outer edge). Find the instantaneous velocity of the bird if disk is rotating at 180 revolutions per minute.
- Fly wheel rotates at a speed of 360 rpm and at a rate of 6 rad /s2 it slows down. Calculate the time after which it will stop.
- A nail punctures a tyre , the speed of tyre reduces from 240rpm to 120rpm in 6sec. Find the angular acceleration. Is it acceleration or deceleration?
- A musical record of 200gm has a radius of 10cm.We apply a torque of 0.1 Nm .Find the angular acceleration.
- Moment of inertia in rotational motion is an analogue of a physical quantity in linear motion. Name the quantity.
- If the angular position of a body under circular motion is given by the equation: Find the expression for angular velocity and angular displacement.
- Ram tied a stone at the end of a thread. In 10 s with a uniform angular acceleration he rotates the stone from a speed of 120 rpm to a speed of 180 rpm. Find the angular acceleration and angular displacement.
- What is the unit of rotational displacement?
- The angular velocity and the linear velocity of a flywheel is rad / s and 4m /s respectively. Find the radius of the flywheel.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number