The oxiising power of elements increase on moving from left to right along a period in the periodic table .Give a reason.
Asked by sreenivasanmaralapadu | 30th Apr, 2015, 10:55: AM
As we move from left to right in a periodic table, electronegativity increases. Hence the oxidising power also increases.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 30th Apr, 2015, 04:14: PM
- how to find the valency
- want to learn periodic table chapter
- what is periodic table explain
- Select the correct answer (1) across a period,the ionisation potential ( increase, decrease ,remains same) (2)down a group,electron affinity (increase, decrease,remain same)
- periodicity is observed due to similar .....
- Define periodicity
- How to find the valency of an element?
- name the element in correct order of their increasing atom atomic numbers present in the first second and third short period of the periodic table state each element electronic configuration
- groups and periods funda in periodic table
- How can I self study any chapter with clear conceptual understanding the particular chapter that is not taught in school and without the help of online videos??
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number