The nitrogen ion have valency 3 then in case of NO3 Why the valency of nitrogen ion is considered to be 5?
Asked by jatin452002 | 7th Jun, 2017, 12:31: PM
In NO3 molecule, the oxidation state of nitrogen is +3 as it gives 3 of its 5 valence electrons form its valence shell for bonding.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 7th Jun, 2017, 05:21: PM
- On what basis is a chemical equation balanced?
- what happen when quicklime is added to water
- compound name of the formule KNO
- Balance the following equations :- 1) HNO3 + Ca ( OH)2 = Ca (NO3)2 + H2O
- mention information provided by a chemical equation
- how to balance chemical equation
- what is chemistry.
- Chemical equations
- What is the difference between C6H12O6 and C12H22O11 in the chemical equation of photosynthesis?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number