The mean and standard deviation of 63 children on an average test are respectively 27.6 and
7.1. To them are added a new group of 26 who have less training and whose mean is 19.2 and standard deviation is 6.2. How will the value of combined group differ from those of the original 63 children as to mean and standard deviation?
Asked by deepanshi bansal | 5th Nov, 2014, 07:45: PM
Please post questions henceforth relevant to your syllabus only.
Answered by Prasenjit Paul | 6th Nov, 2014, 02:26: PM
- there are 4 cards numbered 1 to 4 one number on one card . 2 cards are drawn at random without replacement . let x denote the sum of numbers on the 2 drawn cards . find the mean and varience of x
- Four bad eggs are mixed with 10 good ones . three eggs are drawn one by one without replacement. Let X be the no of bad eggs drawn . Find the mean and variance of X.
- A box contains 16 bulbs , out of which 4 bulbs are defective. Three bulbs are drawn at random from the box. Let X be the no of defective bulbs drawn . find the mean and variance of X
- What is the mean of a random variable
- Define variance and standard deviation of a random variable.
- Find the mean of the number obtained on a throw of an unbiased dice
- Two dice are thrown simultaneously. If X denotes the number of sixes, find the variance of X.
- In a meeting, 70% of the members favour and 30% oppose a certain proposal. A member is selected at random and we take X = 0 if he opposed, and X = 1 if he is in favour. Find E(X) and Var(X).
- Let a pair of dice be thrown and the random variable X be the sum of the numbers that appear on the two dice. Find the mean or expectation of X.
- A bag contains 4 black and 3 red balls. Let X be the random variable of red balls. Find the mean and variance of the random variable X, if three balls drawn successfully with replacement.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number