The maximum no. of electrons that can have principal quantum no,n=3, and spin quantum no.=-1/2 is
Asked by Anil | 20th Jun, 2017, 11:23: AM
l = 0, 1, 2
ms should be -1/2
l=0 is s subshell where only 1 electron has ms = -1/2
l=1, p subshell, so 3 electrons with ms = -1/2
l=2, d subshell, so 5 electrons with ms = -1/2.
Hence total 9 electrons would have n=3 and ms = -1/2.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 20th Jun, 2017, 02:40: PM
- Calculate the atomic number of an element whose mass number and number of neutrons are 7and 4 respectively.
- Prove that if uncertainty in position of a moving electron is equal to its de-Broglie wavelength than its velocity is completely uncertain?
- what is mean by atom
- what is an atom
- what is photoelectric effect
- what is atomic number
- discovery of electron
- what are rutherford model
- which gas is filled in cathode ray tube
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number