The length of a potentiometer wire is 1200 cm and it carries a current of 80mA .FOR A CELL F EMF 4 V AND INTERNAL RESISTANCE 20 ohm the null point is found to be a 1000cm .If a voltmeter is connected across the cell the balancing length is decreased by 20 cm.Find i) resistance of the whole wire
ii) reading of the voltmeter
iii)resistance of voltmeter
Asked by Subhashree Lenka | 14th May, 2015, 07:38: PM
Given that the length of the potentiometer wire = 1200 cm
Current through the potentiometer wire, I = 80 mA = 80 × 10-3 A
1000 cm of potentiometer wire balances the cell of emf 4 V
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 15th May, 2015, 09:12: AM
- i want full explanation of example 157 pls help me
- A 10 V cell of negligible internal resistance in connected in parallel across a battery of emf 200 V and internal resistance 38 Ω as shown in the figure. Find the value of current in the circuit.
- kirchhoff junction rule is a reflection of
- Can anyone tell me the answer for this question
- In the given circuit assuming point A to be at zero potential use kirchhoff rule to determine the potential at B
- In the given circuit assuming point A to be at zero potential, use kirchhoff rule to determine the potential at point B
- how to make project on kirchhoff law
- What is Kirchhoff's first law, Kirchhoff's point rule, Kirchhoff's junction rule (or nodal rule), and Kirchhoff's first rule?
- What is Kirchhoff's second law or Kirchhoff's loop law or Kirchhoff's voltage law?
- (a) Apply Kirchoff's loop rule to loop 1. Write down the equation; from your equation, solve for.I1. (b) Apply Kirchoff's loop rule to loop 2. Write down the equation and solve for I2. (c) How much power is the 5 V battery putting into the circuit?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number