The houses in a row are numbered consecutively from 1to 4. Show that there exists a value of x such that sum of numbers of houses proceding the house numbered x is equal to sum of the numbers of houses following x.
Asked by Fathima | 31st Mar, 2017, 05:27: PM
This question has appeared in CBSE 2016 paper. Here is a similar question which you have refer to, whem the houses are numbered from 1 to 49.
If you are still confused, refer to the following question: Here is the link.
Answered by Rebecca Fernandes | 31st Mar, 2017, 08:48: PM
- A group of men decided to do a job in 8 days. But since 10 men dropped out after 1st day, 2 more men dropped out after 2nd day, 2 more men dropped out after 3rd day and so on, the job got completed at the end of 12th day. How many men were there at the beginning? 55 56 57 58
- Show that (a-b)², (a²+b²), (a+b)² are in arithmetic progression.
- Q- The angles of a triangle are in AP . the greatest angle is twice the least . Find all angles of a triangle.
- Find three consecutive terms in A.P whose sum is 9 and the product of their cubes is 3375
- Divide 56 into 4 parts which are in AP such that the ratio of product of extreme to the product of the means 5 : 6
- The angles of a quad in ap. With d=10°. Can I not take a-3d, a-d, a+d, a+3d as the angles. I am getting the angles as 60,80,100,120!!! Value of a=90° after adding the 4 angles.
- The angles of a quand are in A.P with d=10°. Find the angles! (Solution is attached)
- The angles of a quadrilateral are in A.P, and the common difference is 10°. Find the angles. PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY ANSWER IS NOT CORRECT!!!
- subba rao started work in1995 at annual salary of ₹5000 and received an increment of ₹200 each year .in which year did his income reach ₹7000
- Split 207 into 3 pieces such that these are in ap and the product of smaller parts is 4623
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number