The hand flour grinder is provided with a handle near its rim, explain the reason.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The handle is placed at the rim so that the perpendicular distance of the line of action of the force from the axis of rotation will be maximum, so as to get the largest turning effect.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Which component of torque will affect a rigid body?
- If the angular position of a body under circular motion is given by the equation: A torque of 7 Nm is applied on it. What is the expression for the power?
- It is difficult to open heavy door from a point near the hinges. Why?
- What is the second law of rotational motion?
- What is the ratio of the rotational kinetic energy and translational kinetic energy of disk moving about the axis passing through its centre perpendicular to the plane of the disk?
- Suppose two masses 2 kg and 5 kg are balanced on a sea saw setup. If the distance of the masses from the centre point are 3 m and xm respectively. Find the value of x.
- Find the angular acceleration of a rod of 1 kg and length 1 m on which a torque of 12 Nm is applied.
- Torque is a scalar or a vector quantity? If it is a vector quantity where does the vector representing torque point?
- Calculate the instantaneous angular velocity of a body when P, I, have there usual meaning?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number