The formation of NaCl involves conversion of sodium atom into sodium ion and chlorine atom into chloride ion. Comment upon the energy changes involved in these reactions.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
In the formation of NaCl conversion of sodium atom in to sodium ion is an endothermic process and the conversion of chlorine atom into chloride ion is an exothermic process.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What is hybridization
- why electron free in copper wire
- Calculate the number of sigma bonds and pi bonds in 2-propyl pent -1-ene?
- What are the limitations of Octet rule.
- According to VSEPR principle in which molecule is the highest bond distortion observed ? a) NH3 b) H2O c) O3 d) SO2
- #JioChat What is the covalent bond
- Write is the lewis dot structure of HNO3 and NH4 using the proper steps.(find A ,N and S)
- Draw the Lewis structures of SiCl4 and HCOOH.
- What do you understand by the term valence electrons?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number