The force on a cylindrical box is 1.2N . It has a circular cross section of radius 10cm . What pressure does it exert on the surface on which it is kept in a standing position?
Asked by Shawn | 11th Sep, 2015, 11:24: AM
The force on the box is F = 1.2 N
The radius of circular cross-section is r = 10 cm = 0.1 m
Now, pressure exerted by the cylinder in standing position on the surface is
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 11th Sep, 2015, 12:02: PM
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
- Why does sponge float but rubber block sinks?
- difference between force and pressure
- 1 Pascal
- how we can reduce the pressure exerted by the liqiuds on the container ?show it by some practical experiment
- wooden planks are kept under railway trucks.why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number