The figure shows a circuit diagram containing 12 cells , each of e.m.f. 1.5 V and internal resistance 0.25 ohm. Calculate : (i) total internal resistance (ii) total e.m.f (iii) total external resistance (iv) reading shown by the ammeter (v) current in 12 ohm and 8 ohm resistors (vi) potential difference across 2.2 ohm resistor (vi) drop in potential across the terminals of the cell .
Asked by Vikas | 29th Aug, 2016, 10:01: AM
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 1st Sep, 2016, 05:54: PM
- what is effective resisitance and how can we find it
- how to calculate the resistance if the resistors are inclined between parallel wires
- two lamps one rated 100w at 220 v and the other rated 200w at 220v are connected in 1.series 2. parallel to electirc main supplt of 220v. find the current drawn in each case
- Two lamps rated (100w, 220v) and (60w, 220v) are connected in parallel. which lamp consumes more energy and which one gives more brightness? Find the resistance of each lamp. ( Take supply voltage as 220 v).
- Find the equivalent resistance across wire A and B
- Is potential difference between different points of the circuit same or different
- Series combination proportional to its
- unit of electrical resistance
- Two lamps, one rated 100 W at 220 V and the other 200W at 220 V are connected (i) in series and (ii) in parallel ot electric main supply of 220V. Find the current drawn in each case. In this question I'm able to find the answer for parallel connection in another way but able to do so for series if I follow the same methodology We know, the potential difference across each of the lamps is same so, 1/R1 + 1/R2 = 1/Rp Multiplying V^2 on both sides of the equation, I get V^2/R1 + V^2/R2 = V^2/Rp Which is technically saying, P1 + P2 = Pp Doing so, I get Pp = 300W and current drawn by the lamps is Pp = VI 300 = 220*I I = 15/11 = 1.36 A im not able to find an analogy like this for series pls help
- tow resistances r1 and r2 are connected in parallel . total current flowing throgh circuit is i . derive expression for currents flowing thorough tow resistances ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number