The distance between 2 stations A and B is 160 km.A train covers first 40 km at a speed of 20 km/hr.How fast a tain travel while covering the remaining distance , so that its average speed for the whole trip is 40 km/hr ?
Asked by nisha_vini29 | 1st Jul, 2017, 10:00: AM
- For an average velocity 40 km/hr to cover the total distance of 160 km, the total time of travel should be,
- Time taken by the train to cover the first 40 km at the speed of 20 km/hr is,
- Now, the remaining distance of 120 km should be covered in 4-2= 2 hours, so that the total average velocity of the train is 40 km/h.
- Speed of the train while covering the remaining distance of 120 km in 2 hours is,
- Therefore, the train should travel at a speed of 60 km/hr while covering the remaining distance, so that its average speed for the whole trip is 40 km/hr.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 2nd Jul, 2017, 02:22: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number