The difference to two natural number is 5 and the difference of their reciprocal is 5/14.find the number.
Asked by singh.dh | 5th Jun, 2019, 09:06: PM
Let the two natural numbers be x and y.
According to the question,
y - x = 5 .....(i)
1/x - 1/y = 5/14....(ii)
(y - x)/xy = 5/14
5/xy = 5/14
xy = 14 .....(iii)
y - x = 5
(y - x)2 = 25
y2 + x2 - 2xy = 25
x2 + y2 = 25 + 28 = 53.....(iv)
(x + y)2 = x2 + y2 + 2xy
(x + y)2 = 53 + 28 = 81
x + y = 9.....(v)
Solving (i) and (v) we get x = 2 and y = 7
Answered by Sneha shidid | 6th Jun, 2019, 10:05: AM
- x+2y=5 3x/2+3y=10 solve by elimination method
- Parthiv tells his son Ariv"Five years ago my age was seven times your age then. Further ten years hence, my age will be two and a half times your age then." Find the present age of both of them.
- 1/2(x+2y)+5/3(3x-2y)=-3/2 5/4(x+2y)-3/5(3x-2y)=61/60 Respected Teachers , please find the value of x and y
- 4x-3y=8 6x-y=29/3
- 4/x+5y=7 3/x+4y=5
- how to solve elimination method sum?
- 2x/a + y/b = 2,x/a – y/a = 4
- a^2/x-b^2/y=0. ,a^2b/x+b^2a/y=a+b
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number