The Dielectric strength of air is 3*10V /m. A parallel plate capacitor has area 20cm2 and plate separation of 0.1mm. Find the maximum rms voltage of an A/C source which can be safely connected to this capacitor.
Asked by Malavika Umesh | 29th Sep, 2014, 08:49: PM
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 30th Sep, 2014, 11:42: AM
- a horizontal straight wire 10m long extending from east to west is falling with a speed of 5m/s at right angles to the horizontal component of the earth magnetic field 0.30
- Prove that an ideal inductor does not dissipate power in an A.C circuit.
- The power factor varies between………………
- What will be the phase difference between the voltage and the current given power factor of an ac circuit is 0.5?
- The voltage and current in an ac circuit is given by What is the power dissipated?
- On what factors does power in an ac circuit depend?
- Is it possible to obtain wattless current in a circuit?
- How can the power factor be improved by using capacitance of appropriate value?
- A 100 Ω iron is connected to a 200 V supply with 50 Hz frequency. Find the rms value of current and the net power consumed over full cycle.
- Prove that, a pure inductive circuit does not consume any power in a complete cycle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number