The apparatus shown in figure consists of four glass columns connected by horizontal sections.The heights of two central columns B and C are 49 cm each. The two outer column A and D are open to atmosphere. A and C are maintained a a temperature of 95 degree C, while column B and D are maintained at 5 degree C. The heights of liquid in A and D measured from base line are 52.8 cm and 51 cm respectively. Determine the coefficient of thermal expansion of the liquid.
Asked by Sourav | 1st May, 2015, 05:29: PM
As the liquid columns in the glass tubes are in equilibrium:
Pressure diffference between the columns A and B = Pressure difference between the columns C and D
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 4th May, 2015, 09:42: AM
- what is the princple of working laser light?
- The threshold wavelength of a photosensitive metal is 275nm.calculate the maximum velocity of the photoelectron ejected when light of 180nm is incident on it. How to solve this??
- In the wave picture of light, intensity of light is determined by square of the amplitude of wave. What determines the intensity of light in the photon picture of light?
- How would you prove the dual nature of matter?
- What is the nature of matter waves?
- Why is the wave nature of particle not observable in daily life?
- Are matter waves electromagnetic in nature?
- Is a moving particle equivalent to a single wave?
- Is the de Broglie wavelength of a photon of an electromagnetic radiation equal to wavelength of a radiation?
- How do matter waves differ from a light wave as regards the velocity of the particle and the wave?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number