surface of alluminium turns into dull colour after some few days.write the reaction
Asked by prakharsingh167 | 25th May, 2020, 10:20: PM
Though aluminium is a highly reactive metal, it is resistant to corrosion. This is because aluminium reacts with oxygen present in air to form a thin layer of aluminium oxide. This oxide layer is very stable and prevents further reaction of aluminium with oxygen. Because of this layer surface of alluminium turns into dull colour after some few days.
2Al +3O2 → Al2O3
Answered by Ramandeep | 26th May, 2020, 10:49: AM
- chemical properties
- Why an element can't gain or lose 5 , 6 or 7 electrons
- properties of ionic compounds
- I am not satisfied with my previous answer about electrolysis. Pls give me more explaination
- which gas is evolved when sodium reats with hcl
- do all non-metal react with oxygen
- The chemical reactions involved in the corrision of iron metals are? Explain.
- i havea doubt in this equation which is likethis given below - i) Iron react with steam to form the metal oxide and hydrogen. 3Fe(s) + 4H2O(g) → Fe3O4(s) + 4H2(g) (1) why the there is Fe3O4 in the above equation and why not Fe2O3 (2)kindely explain me how we came to this equation (2)(a) What is the equation for the reaction of calcium and potassium in water? Calcium and potassium do not react with each other, but each decomposes water to make the relevant hydroxide with the release of hydrogen. Ca + 2H₂O → Ca(OH)₂ + H₂. 2K + 2H₂O → 2KOH + H₂.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number